Jeff MacDougall

Making music... so you don't have to.



It's that time again. Quickstopentertainment.com has launched round 3 of their Masters of Song Fu songwriting contest. I couldn't help but notice that the competition has become, well, bigger. They have a sponsor, more talent than ever before (gulp) and a new master in the line-up: Neil Innes. For those who don't know, Mr. Innes was responsible for much of Monty Python's music as well as a little project called "The Rutles". He has been a hero of mine since I was a kid so, needless to say, I am very excited (and nervous) about this particular cycle of the contest. The song we need to write for this first round has one simple rule. We need to write a "happy" song. That's it. So I have a question - What is "happy" to you? (Or more to the point... do you have any ideas? 'cause it's been a busy week and I need to get crackin'.) Check out the contest and the other contestants and stay tuned. I'll post again when the songs are up and ready for voting on.

In other news, I have updated my blogs look. (what do you think?) My new album is coming along nicely, but it's taking longer than expected. Also, look for a new Napcast very soon. Thanks for listening!

5 comments:

James O'Brien said...

Can't Wait!

Rusty said...

May the joy of Good Fu be on you and gurgle up through your first song! In other words, good luck!
-Russ Rogers

Anonymous said...

Happy is when the kids sleep long enough to let you get a full cup of coffee into your system before they wake up and run amok!

Jordan Carroll said...

Maybe a song about "my happy place"? Remember that the first song is just to weed out the lamer artists, so don't get too stressed out about it. :D

...or a song about "Happy on Caffeine"? :P I remember you and your wife said you loved coffee on the NapCast.

Anonymous said...

I love the new look, and the way it just happens to colour-coordinate with the Song Fu logo. Though I can't find the dates that things were posted.

I've been thinking it's a little unfair that the theme is happy songs when you already recorded 'Happier' with FourTrack not so long ago. I'm a little late getting here, so... happiness is knowing that even when somebody doesn't even attempt to give you an idea until the day before the deadline, you can still implement the idea in fifteen minutes in a traffic jam.

Or something about still being happy even after the kids wake up and run amok, because you love them almost as much as caffeine?

Subscribe